What are Core Web Vitals – Website speed has always been an important factor to get a good ranking in Google search engines. “To improve website speed, Google introduced a metric called Core Web Vital” on May 28, 2020, which is going to be an important ranking signal.
Google keeps updating its algorithm to provide a good experience to its users, Core Web Vital is also a part of it and in recent times this topic remains in discussion among bloggers and SEO professionals.
But there are still many people who do not know about Core Web Vital. If you also do not have information about Core Web Vitals then there is nothing to worry about because, in this blog post, we will give you A to Z information about Core Web Vitals.
Improving Core Web Vitals is crucial for enhancing the user experience on your website and optimizing its performance.
Here are some best practices to help you improve your Core Web Vitals:
Optimize Page Speed:
- Minimize server response time by using a fast and reliable hosting provider.
- Enable caching to reduce the loading time for returning visitors.
- Compress and optimize images to reduce their file size without compromising quality.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN) to deliver content from servers closer to the user’s location.
Prioritize Above-the-Fold Content:
- Ensure that the main content of your page loads quickly and is visible within the initial viewport.
- Lazy load images and videos, so they only load when the user scrolls to them.
- Use asynchronous loading for non-critical scripts to prevent them from blocking the rendering of the page.
Optimize Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS):
- Set explicit dimensions (width and height) for images, videos, and other media elements to avoid layout shifts.
- Reserve space for ads and embedded content to prevent unexpected shifts.
- Use CSS animations and transitions with care to avoid layout shifts.
Reduce Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) Time:
- Minimize the time it takes to render the largest content element on the screen.
- Optimize and prioritize the loading of the main content above the fold.
- Reduce server response time and optimize the critical rendering path.
Use Responsive Design:
- Ensure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Design your pages to adapt to different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Test your website on various devices and use tools like Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test to identify and fix any issues.
Monitor and Analyze Core Web Vitals:
- Use tools like Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, and Lighthouse to monitor and analyze your Core Web Vitals performance.
- Identify specific issues and areas for improvement based on the metrics provided by these tools.
Regularly Update and Maintain Your Website:
- Keep your CMS, themes, and plugins up to date to benefit from performance improvements and bug fixes.
- Remove unnecessary or unused scripts, stylesheets, and plugins from your website.
- Regularly audit and optimize your website’s code to ensure it is lean and efficient.
Remember that improving Core Web Vitals requires continuous monitoring, testing, and optimization. Prioritize user experience, monitor performance metrics, and implement the best practices mentioned above to enhance the speed and usability of your website.
In this article, you will get to know what is Core Web Vitals, why it is important for website ranking, and how to fix Core Web Vitals issues. So friends, without taking much of your time, let’s start today’s article.
What is Core Web Vitals?
Core Web Vitals is a metric of Google’s Page Experience Update, which Google uses to measure the Page Experience of a website.
Core Web Vitals is made up of 3 important factors LCP, FID, and CLS and it measures the speed, responsiveness, and visual stability of the website.
Google launched Core Web Vitals globally on May 28, 2020, and by June 2021 it has become an important ranking signal. Core Web Vitals is applied to all blogs, websites, and their web pages.
It is very important for all bloggers and website owners to maintain the Core Web Vitals of their websites.
Core Web Vitals Parameter
Core Web Vitals is mainly composed of three things LCP, FID, and CLS.
These three factors together form the core web vital, and through these three factors, Google tells you which of your URLs are correct in mobile and desktop and which URLs you need to improve.
To understand Core Web Vitals well, you need to understand these three factors, further in the article, we have explained LCP, FID, and CLS all three factors of Core Web Vitals.
#1. LCP (Largest Contentful Paint)
LCP whose full form is the Largest Contentful Paint. The biggest part of your website is the time it takes to load, its measurement is done by LCP.
Usually, the largest part of a webpage or website is an image or video, LCP measures how long it takes to load the largest part of a webpage.
According to Google’s guidelines, the LCP score of your website should be 2.5 seconds.
If the LCP score of your website is between 2.5 to 4.5, then Google puts it in the category of Need Improvement, that is, you need to improve the LCP score.
And if the LCP Score of your website is more than 4.5 seconds then it is very poor, you need to improve it as soon as possible.
#2. FID (First Input Delay)
The full form of FID is First Input Delay. When a user visits your website and clicks on any element like a button, link, image, etc., the time taken by the element to respond is measured by FID.
As a user came to your website and clicked on a button, the time period from the user’s click to the response of the website is called FID.
According to Google’s guidelines, if the FID Score of your website is within 100 MS (milliseconds), then it comes in the Good Category.
If the FID Score of your website is between 100 MS to 300 MS, then Google puts it in the category of Need Improvement.
And if the FID Score of your website is more than 300 MS, then it is placed in the Poor category, and you need to improve it a lot.
#3. CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift)
The full form of CLS is a Cumulative Layout Shift. When a user comes to your website and wants to click on an element or read an article, but suddenly an element comes which causes the layout of the website to shift, it is called CLS.
For example, suppose you have placed Google Adsense ads on your website, and when a user visits your website, he does not see the ad at first, because the ad takes some time to load.
But as soon as he wants to click on a link, suddenly an ad appears so that the link shifts up or down from its place, this is called CLS. It is measured by CLS how much the layout of the website is shifting.
According to Google, if the layout of a website is 0.1 shift, then it comes in the category of Good.
If the layout of the website shifts from 0.1 to 0.25, then Google puts it in the category of Need Improvement.
And if the layout of the website shifts more than 0.25, then Google puts it in the category of Poor.
After reading the article now, you must have understood what is Core Web Vitals, now let us understand why it is important and how to fix the issue coming into it.
Why is Core Web Vitals important?
Core Web Vitals is a very important factor for the ranking of your website. Because Core Web Vitals is directly related to website speed, and in today’s time, speed is an important factor for ranking any website.
No user likes to visit websites that take too much time to load, in today’s time users want fast access to websites on the Internet. That’s why it is necessary to fast the speed of the website for a good User Experience.
Core Web Vitals gives you information that due to this the speed of your website is bad, and you can increase the speed of your website by improving those metrics. This will give you a lot of advantages in ranking. Google had also announced that by June 2021 Core Web Vitals would become an important ranking signal.
If all the URLs of your website are in the Core Web Vitals Poor category, then the ranking of your website on Google will be very down, so Core Web Vitals becomes very important, and you should improve it.
How to view Core Web Vitals report?
You can see the complete report of Core Web Vitals from Google Search Console, for this, follow the following process –
- First of all, log in to your Google Search Console account.
- Now select the website for which you want to see the Core Web Vitals report.
- Here you will find the option of Core Web Vitals in the Experience section on the Left Side, click on it.
- By doing this, the report of Core Web Vitals will appear on your screen. From here you can see how many URLs in your mobile and desktop are in the Good category, how many URLs are in Need Improvement and how many URLs are in the Poor category.
- You can check by clicking on Open Report in front of Mobile and Desktop, for which reason your URL’s score is low.
In this way, you can log in to Google Search Console and extract the Core Web Vitals report of your website.
How to Fix Core Web Vitals Issue?
If issues with Core Web Vitals are coming to your website then you can quickly fix them.
For this, first of all, you have to check that this issue is coming in your website, which you will get to see in Google Search Console.
The issue in Core Web Vitals mainly comes due to three reasons LCP, FID, and CLS.
When you find out due to which matrix Core Web Vitals Issue is coming in your website, then you have to search by entering the URL of your website in Google Page Speed insight. This tool tells you what you need to improve to speed up your website.
You can fix the Core Web Vitals Issue of your website by following some of the following points.
- Buy good and fast web hosting.
- Optimize Images.
- Use the correct font on the website
- Do Ad Placement on the website in the right way.
- Try to keep the design of the website simple.
After fixing all this, you have to come to the section of Core Web Vitals in Google Search Console and click on Validate Fix. By doing just this, this issue of yours will be solved in a few days.
Read this also –
Conclusion: What are Core Web Vitals?
Friends, we have full hope that after reading this article, you too must have understood what is Core Web Vitals very well, and all your confusion related to Core Web Vitals must have gone away.
If you still have any questions related to this article, then you can tell us in the comment box, and we will try to answer your questions soon. Also, share this article with your friends.
Thank you for reading the article till the end.